Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How Much Are You Worth?

These few days I have been bumming over some thoughts.

I am an educator, and my first and foremost priority is my students. Whatever I have started, I should end - and never leave them hanging.

I discipline them - because that's what they need in this world.

I teach them values that will help them be good people.

I teach them skills that will help them in life.

I have never taken a day off teaching - unless I'm really sick and cannot get off my bed.

That's my commitment to my students and that's what I expect other educators to do.

I believe that if you are an educator too, you would agree.

In fact, most educators don't mind going the extra mile for their students.

And why?

Because we're commited, not to our jobs, but to our students.

I'm not trying to boast here, but everywhere I went, my bosses wanted me. The first job I quit, my boss counter offered me - asking me to stay and willing to give me a better position. I turned her down but she wished me well.

The last job that I quit, my boss knew I was starting my own business so she wished me well but she said that her door is ALWAYS opened, even if she didn't need any staff.

When I left my lecturing job to start this school, my students asked me to stay. Even until now (2 semesters have gone by), they're constantly asking me to go back. They said they need to be "inspired". I don't know whether or not I can truly inspire, but I know I have given them my best and it is very fulfilling to see that my efforts are recognise.

And that is my point. How much are you worth? Do you truly work with passion and commitment that people around you can see and feel? Even if they don't, do you persevere because you're committed to the job, not the company?

And if you want to leave, do your bosses ask you to stay? Do they think you're worth it?

If they let you leave without a fight, then maybe it's time to reevaluate your work performance and your heart.

I told several teachers today how much I appreciate them for their effort and commitment to their students. Educators who truly love their students should be appreciated and rewarded. And that's what I want to do here.

Have a good day and be passionate about what you do.


Signing off another mile

No comments:

Post a Comment